Thursday, December 30, 2010

MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR

THE MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR IS:

J.COLE- FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

j cole

SOME OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ARE ON THE MIXTAPE THAT IS WHY THIS MADE OVERALL MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR. THIS ARTIST IS REALLY ON TOP OF HIS GAME. J.COLE DISCUSSES WHAT SOME NEVER TALK ABOUT IN HIP HOP. HE’S NOT AFRAID TO GO THERE AND SO THE LYRICAL CONTENT IS THERE. THE FLOW AND BEATS ARE THERE AND AMAZING. BELOW IS A REVIEW OF MY FAVORITE SONGS ON THE MIXTAPE AND WHY.

This mixtape was my favorite of 2010. I think J.Cole knows how to paint a picture well with words. I can’t just say I like these songs. In a sense the songs had beauty in them. I also can appreciate the fact that he makes his own beats.

Too Deep For the Intro- The intro caught my attention because he talked about real things that are profound hints the title and what is not always talked about. I can not choose one lyric that I really liked because the flow, content and lyrics were consistently on point as well as the whole mixtape.



Villematic- Here is another off the Friday Night Light’s mixape. J.Cole does a rap over Kanye’s Devil In a New Dress beat. This one is pretty amazing and he has a nice flow to the beat.



Enchanted- The opening to this song is lyrically good. Again he talks about things that are not always discussed in rap songs. I thought the chorus was genius as a lover for Tupac’s music I thought adding that flow to this song was perfection. Omen is also featured on this song. I thought this was a good collaboration. It’s like he picks up where J.Cole left off and completes the story. I thought this was very lyrically good as well as the beat.



2Face- This is J.Cole at his best. It seems in this song as the beat gets more intense so does he and he rides with this beat well. He also paints a picture that is important for a lot of younger people to hear female or male. I think he touches on a lot in this song so much to take in but you never get lost in what he’s talking about but you do get lost in the story fully. I think it is great when an artist can make you see what he or she is discussing no matter the topic. This song is very beautiful lyrically and the beat is on point.



The Autograph- The word play in this one is genius. I absolutely love the beat on this and he compliments it well. Each word he says he moves to the next smoothly. He talks about some life things which I think people can completely understand what he means in this one.



Cost Me A lot- I like this one and anyone can see his side of things on this one. I love the chorus on this one and again lyrically well delivered.



See World- This is another beautiful song. I know everyone remembers the news story about the little girl that was killed named Shaniya Davis. He discusses this and other things. I like the way he switches from topic to topic in this one but it all comes to one common ground. This one is lyrically beautiful.



Farewell- Here is another beautiful beat. I may sound like a broken record but this mix tape is just that good. This also has beautiful lyrics and the opening is amazing. I can understand the things he explains clearly.



Looking for Trouble- J.Cole’s verse on this track is epic. I think he makes you listen to him and what he has to say on this. The lyrical content was on point.

No comments:

Post a Comment